Brand YOU.

This past week, we've been focusing on how we are going to present ourselves to our potential employers & clients. It's hard to stand out from the crowd - and the harder you try the less genuine you come across as. We watched a talk in class about branding and I've been trying to apply the speaker's techniques to how I present myself to clients. Her main point was that when you talk about you, you sound like everyone else. Nobody wants to hear about your problems because 20% of people don't care, and the other 80% are glad that you have them. Looking at any design firm's website yields similar results: the same words, multidisciplinary, outgoing, creative, yada yada yada. She's right - it's not about how people feel about your brand, it's how your brand makes people feel about themselves.