Digital Prototyping

Today, everyone in the class was paired up and swapped our packages from last week. Instead of creating a sketch model, the task at hand this week was to create a digital prototype in Illustrator, print it out, and build an (almost real) model.


The package I got was for Scentuals Rosewood Soap, and construction-wise was fairly simple. The typography was, quite frankly, pretty terrible (capital letters and punctuation were thrown in seemingly at complete random), but that's for another class. 

Using my classmate's measurements, I started building the package in Illustrator.  It went pretty smoothly, and I took it as an opportunity to brush up on my short cuts and typing speed. All that's left to do is print, cut, and fold. I'll update with a finished product once I'm done.